Promotion to Chief Superintendent Rank 2020 (External)
Promotion is your opportunity to do more to lead and develop others, make change happen and shape the future of Northumbria Police.
Promotion for 2020 is now open internally and externally to all ranks up to Chief Superintendent.
As an eligible candidate for promotion, your current performance and potential will be assessed against the national competency and values framework (CVF) and role profile. Your readiness for promotion will be further tested through a central assessment process, where you will be assessed against the CVF and what you will bring as a leader in driving forward the priorities of Northumbria Police.
The first thing you need to do is ask yourself - why me and why now?
· Am I performing well and demonstrating competence in my current role?
· Do I understand my strengths and areas for development?
· What have I done to develop myself for the future?
· Do I demonstrate the competencies and values needed at the next rank?
· Am I assessed as ready for promotion through my professional development conversations with my line manager?
If the answer to these questions is yes, then we would like to hear from you.
Please find below supporting documents:
We have arranged promotion information events delivered by our Head of People Services, Chief Superintendent David Felton that will provide further information about Northumbria Police as well as details of the promotion process. These events will be held via WebEx, to book a place on one of these events please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Promotion information events:
Wednesday 16 September 2020, 5.30-6.30pm