NLRF Training & Exercise & Risk Officer - JRN 30530
Salary Banding: Band 8 £30,621 – £34,833 (Increasing to £30,876 – £35,124 from September 2023 following a transitional pay award period)
The role is agile based between home and Etal Lane Police Station
Fixed term for 2 years
To assist in the management and dissemination of Northumbria LRF risk information and duties under the National Security Risk Assessment. To support the LRF Risk Group Chair.
To support a dedicated training and exercising function for the LRF and to contribute to the development, coordination and support the day-to-day business of the LRF.
To support the Risk lead, Training and Exercising Group Chair and LRF Manager.
What will I be doing?
· Northumbria LRF’s duties are expanding and as such requires further support to ensure the effective functioning of the LRF and the assessment and management of Risk and the capability of ensuring a proactive Training and Exercising function across the LRF.
· To support the LRF Manager when required with daily LRF duties, to professionally represent the LRF at meetings and events and to support the Risk and Training & Exercise leads of the LRF.
· Attending and acting as subject matter expert at LRF Training and Exercising and Risk Group meetings. Review of the LRF risk management corrective actions/improvement opportunities, to resolve issues, analyse root causes and take effective action to prevent re-occurrence and actions to minimise and mitigate risks.
· To support the workstreams of the Northumbria LRF Training and Exercising Group and the LRF Risk group. Attending North East Training and Exercising Group and North East Risk meetings providing support as required.
· Sharing relevant Training and Exercising information with partners and working with the LRF Risk lead to develop any recommended training and exercising based on assessing risk outcomes for the LRF
What do I need?
· Relevant knowledge and experience in risk assessment methodology and mitigation as well as project management.
· Have knowledge of the Civil Contingencies Act.
· Strong planning and organisational skills.
· Training / Exercising / Projects experience of working in a busy, multi-tasking environment.
· Ability to produce detailed reports and deliver presentations and briefings.
For further information please see the role profile: NLRF Training & Exercise & Risk Officer
- 26 days’ leave, excluding bank holidays, increasing to 28 days for 3 years’ service and 30 days for 5+ years
- Enhanced Maternity, Shared Parental and Adoption leave
- Agile working – option to work from home, your team zone and spaces across the force
- Fantastic market leading public sector pension scheme with a 16% employer contribution
- Our faith rooms give you a private space to reflect and observe religious practice
- Corporate Travel schemes – local rail, bus services and metro
- Access to Private Healthcare and Eye Test Vouchers
- Discounts on shopping and eating out thanks to the Blue Light Card and Blue Light Tickets
- Also, to take care of your physical and mental well-being, we’ve invested in extensive paid sick leave, trained mental health first aiders on-site, an employee advice service and access to gyms in some stations
- Sports & Social Club – join our thriving sports scene at Team NP and also enjoy further exclusive discounts on days out and travel
- Cycle to work scheme
Vetting level: Management Vetting (MV/SC)
Applicants must be a resident of the UK for a minimum period of 5 years to ensure vetting checks can be successfully performed. A job offer will be dependent upon vetting clearance, medical information and references.
Please note this is a newly published pay banding subject to consultation at Northumbria Police.
If you have any queries with regard to the application process please contact the Talent Acquisition Team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
All staff including those appointed on fixed term contracts must successfully complete their probationary period before they are eligible to apply for a Northumbria Police vacancy.
To discuss the position in more detail please contact Graeme Murray, NRLF Co-ordinator on Graeme.email@example.com
Northumbria Police fully supports a policy of equal opportunities and we welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. Appointments are based on merit alone.