Lead Developer - JRN 20775
The salary for this role is
inclusive of a 9.2% Market Forces
Do you have strong experience of Java Web and Angular development? Would you like to play a key role in serving your community through the development of exciting new technology that will support our police officers and staff to deliver an outstanding policing service?
If so, Northumbria Police is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Lead Developer to guide and support a small team of fellow Java Developers in the delivery of an exciting new programme of technical change.
In this role, you would have the opportunity to provide guidance and advice to your fellow team members with regard to their development approach, design and planning. You will also be able to demonstrate your excellent problem solving skills whilst still contributing to the development of innovative and dynamic solutions using an agile delivery methodology.
• A degree, HND or equivalent qualification, and/or have significant relevant experience
Solid technical skills and experience in the full Software Development Lifecycle
• Extensive commercial experience in Java development language
• Demonstrable experience of using Java Spring Framework and Angular 2 and above to deliver enterprise level system functionality
• Experience as a senior developer with capability to offer consultancy and advice in development approaches and strategies
• Strong estimating and planning capabilities
• Experience in Agile delivery methodology
• Excellent communication and team working skills
What will I be doing?
Flexibility in relation to home
All job offers with Northumbria
Police are subject to pre-employment checks.
These are made up of vetting, medical and references.
To discuss the position in more detail please contact Tony Rutherford, Development Manager, by email at Tony.Rutherford.firstname.lastname@example.org.