Head of Service Management and Transformation, JRN 30575
Salary: Band 14 £81,894 – £88,575
Location: Agile – working from Forth Banks Police Station, Newcastle and home
Hours/Contract: Permanent, full time
Working for #TeamNP
Our purpose at Team NP is simple: to keep people safe and to fight crime. But it takes more than officers alone to do the job – and that’s where our 2,000-strong team of police staff and 200 volunteers come in.
As one of the largest police forces in England we have a huge variety of departments and specialisms offering you endless opportunities. From mentoring and coaching schemes and online soft skills courses to leadership development programmes; we’ll give you the support, training and time to carve out the career you always wanted.
As one of the top 50 UK inclusive employers and a disability confident employer, we promote a culture of respect in the workplace so everyone can feel seen, heard and valued.
Whether you’re a member of staff or a volunteer, you can also expect first-rate support to manage your health and wellbeing. With year-round events, a 24/7 welfare support hotline and a leading approach to neurodiversity, our initiatives enable you to be at your best.
Above all else, here at Team NP, we can offer you a career that is so much more than just a job, it’s a chance to be part of something that really matters.
Ever wondered what it’s like working behind the scenes for one of the UK’s largest Police Forces? Here at Northumbria Police, we are extremely excited to be able to offer an amazing opportunity to come and join us, in our Digital Policing team. Playing a key role in developing an effective Infrastructure Services strategy that underpins the strategic objectives of the force you will develop and implement a plan to deliver that strategy over a 5-year financial planning cycle.
This role is central to the transformation of ICT to Digital Policing (DP) over the next 2 years. It has the span of control across the whole value chain to provide the governance and linkage across the plan, design, build and run functions ensuring policy and procedures are in place, effective operational and delivery measures are recorded, and customer commitments are delivered on time and to the quality levels needed.
The primary accountabilities of the Head of Service Management and Transformation are:
- To provide the governance to ensure the DP services, being provided to Police, are fit for purpose, used, performant and value for money.
- To ensure the live (production) environment is protected and adequate controls are in place when new changes are applied.
- To ensure DP risks, Audits and IT Health checks and activity are managed with actions tracked and issues resolved.
- To ensure small project changes are managed and effected service design takes place when introducing new services.
- The post holder will use their deep understanding of the IT industry and the implications of emerging technologies on for the Police environment to support the Business Engagement function in building effective relationships and collating and prioritising new requirements and building effective business cases.
What will I be doing?
Representing Digital Policing Operations, the role is responsible for the planning, management, governance and delivery of Service Management frameworks through core ITIL disciplines. This is achieved through strategic ownership and operational accountability for the Digital Policing Service Management function and Application Portfolio. Building and developing scalable standards and processes that contribute to the overall operating model.
Sound interesting? For further information, and to support your application, please view the job description.
What you’ll bring
- Excellent technical, analytical, and project management skills.
- Exceptional knowledge of emerging digital trends and technologies.
- Deep understanding of the IT industry and the implications of emerging technologies for the Police environment.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent relevant experience).
- Demonstrable experience of influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Line management experience of both fixed and dynamic teams.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
We know it’s important for you to feel that you’re not only part of a great team, but part of a community. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.
Harnessing these differences creates a productive environment in which everyone feels valued, and their talents are fully utilised. Appointments are based on merit alone.
Interested to learn more? For further information about the role please contact David Sadler, Chief Information Officer by email on David.email@example.com
What we offer
- 26 days’ leave, excluding bank holidays, increasing to 28 days for 3 years service and 30 days for 5 years+ service.
- Enhanced Maternity, Shared Parental and Adoption leave.
- Flexi Time Scheme – allowing you to fit your working hours around your individual needs.
- Agile/Hybrid working – option to work from home, your team zone, and spaces across the force.
- Fantastic market leading public sector pension scheme.
- Corporate Travel schemes – local rail, bus services and metro.
- Access to Private Healthcare and Eye Test Vouchers.
- Discounts on shopping and eating out thanks to the Blue Light Card and Blue Light Tickets.
- Also, to take care of your physical and mental well-being, we’ve invested in extensive paid sick leave, trained mental health first aiders on-site, an employee advice service and access to gyms in some stations.
- Sports & Social Club – join our thriving sports scene at Team NP and enjoy further exclusive discounts on days out and travel.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Just so you know
Our application form will help us understand how your work, education and life experience has prepared you for the role of a Head of Service Management and Transformation with #TeamNP. To help support your application research what makes us tick here at Northumbria, the role you’re applying for and the values and behaviours that contribute.
The recruitment process will consist of the initial application form followed by an interview. Just so you know, you can save your application and come back to it any time prior to the closing date on the advert.
We are proud members of the Business Disability Forum, with whom we collaborate with to improve the lives of disabled employees. We are also a Disability Confident Employer, therefore if you demonstrate that you meet the minimum criteria for this role as stated in the advert, we will progress your application and offer you an interview.
If you tell us that you have a disability, we can make adjustments to support you through the recruitment process (for example we can arrange extra time for tests or provide a sign language interpreter) You can get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org for any support regarding the application process. Please provide us with plenty of notice so we can ensure your visit goes smoothly. If your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a Management Vetting (MV) form, therefore you must be a resident of the UK for a minimum period of 5 years to ensure vetting checks can be successfully performed. A job offer will be dependent upon vetting clearance, medical information, and references.
Terms of appointment
This is a permanent role subject to a six-month probationary period.
If you are successful in your application, you will have a 6 month probation period with us where you will be unable to apply for any other post advertised internally or externally.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.