Governance and Planning Coordinator - JRN 20348
Area Command / Department
£21,399 to £23,406
The Governance and Planning Team, part of our Corporate Development Department, engage with area commands, internal departments, the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner and external bodies to deliver an effective governance and decision-making framework, which supports Northumbria Police to maintain high levels of performance and service delivery.
We have an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join the team as a Governance and Planning Coordinator:
What will I be
What will I be
- provide a secretariat service to allocated strategic board meetings, ensuring reports meet the corporate standard and are in-line with the governance and decision-making framework;
- act as a gatekeeper to our policy and procedure system, providing guidance to authors and ensuring information is accurate and relevant;
- record and disseminate information and correspondence from external agencies, liaising with relevant area commands and departments on progress and action in accordance with deadlines;
- undertake environmental scanning;
- co-ordinate benchmarking request; and
- support the team with other functions e.g. risk management and support for external inspection activity.
We are keen to receive applications from individuals who:
- possess excellent communication skills (both written and verbal);
- work well as part of a team and are also able to work independently;
- are organised in their approach to tasks and show attention to detail;
- demonstrate personal responsibility for completing work on time and to the required standard;
- are experienced users of Microsoft packages; and
- are able to demonstrate how these skills can be applied to the Governance and Planning Co-ordinator role.
For further information please see the role profile
Vetting level: Recruitment Vetting (RV)
Applicants must be a resident of the UK for a minimum period of three years to ensure vetting checks can be successfully performed.
All staff including those appointed on fixed term contracts must successfully complete their probationary period before they are eligible to apply for a Northumbria Police vacancy.
Northumbria Police are currently undertaking a role and reward project in respect of all police staff posts. For further information please contact the Talent Acquisition team.
A job offer will be dependent upon vetting clearance, medical information and references.
For further information regarding the above post please contact Tanya Reade, Corporate Governance Manager or Jill Coleman, Governance and Planning Manager by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org