Disclosure Assistant - JRN 13630
It takes a great deal of people from different backgrounds, with diverse skills and experience to serve the Northumbria Police force area effectively, think you have what it takes to help us make a difference? This could be the perfect time for you to join us!
Ever wondered what it’s like working behind the scenes for one of the UK’s largest Police Forces? Here at Northumbria Police, we are extremely excited to be able to offer an amazing opportunity to come and join us as a Disclosure Assistant.
Agile working patterns apply to this position where informal agile working arrangements will be available as agreed with the vacancy manager and in line with the requirements of the role.
Based within the Information Management Unit, you will work as part of a team to provide a central point for all Data Protection and Freedom of Information issues to ensure Northumbria Police complies with appropriate legislation to assist both internal and external customers.
As a Disclosure Assistant you will liaise with Departments and Area Commands regarding implementation and maintenance of Data Protection and Freedom of Information legislation to ensure compliance, maintaining records and reporting on outcomes to ensure compliance by the Force.
What will I be doing?
- You will be involved with the disclosure of information to relevant individuals and organisations in line with Data Protection and Freedom of Information legislation.
- You will perform administrative duties to support the section in an efficient and timely manner.
- You will ensure very high standards of practice are maintained.
What do I need?
- Experience of practical application of legislation and handling requests made under the Freedom of Information Act
- Whilst full training will be given in respect of police local and national systems, you will need to be a confident and competent IT user across a range of commonly used applications (including email, word processing, databases and spreadsheets)
- You’ll need to be a confident communicator
- To have worked as part of a team (personally or professionally)
- To be able to demonstrate experience in administrative support
- A keen eye for detail ensuring all data processed is recorded accurately
- Be passionate about delivering exceptional service
For further information please see the role profile: Disclosure Assistant.docx
Interested to learn more? To discuss the position in more detail please contact Gary Richardson, Data Protection and Disclosure Adviser by email at email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
Vetting Level – Recruitment Vetting (RV)
Applicants must be a resident of the UK for a minimum period of 3 years to ensure vetting checks can be successfully performed. A job offer will be dependent upon vetting clearance, medical information and references.
In return for your dedication and experience, we offer 24 days’ leave, excluding bank holidays, increasing to 28 days for 5 years+ service. We support our people inside and out of work – offering a very competitive pension scheme, childcare vouchers, and discounts on shopping and eating out thanks to the Blue Light Card. Also, to take care of your physical and mental well-being, we’ve invested in extensive paid sick leave, trained mental health first aiders on-site, an employee advice service and access to gyms in some stations.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
At Northumbria Police we are all different and that’s our greatest strength. We draw on the differences in who we are, what we’ve experienced and how we think. We protect and serve everyone and therefore believe in including everyone. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all areas of the community as appointments are based solely on merit.
Northumbria Police are currently undertaking a role and reward project in respect of all police staff posts.
All staff including those appointed on fixed term contracts must successfully complete their probationary period before they are eligible to apply for a Northumbria Police vacancy.
If you have any queries with regard to the application process please contact the Talent Acquisition Team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org