Salary Banding: From £46,869 – To £51,306
Northumbria Police is entering an exciting new era of technology led change in which data and information plays an essential role and is at the heart of the service the Force delivers.
To support the effective and efficient delivery of the Force’s data and information service, the digital policing department would like to recruit a capable, experienced and motivated Data & Information Manager to lead the delivery, design and management of new Force data infrastructures and technologies as well as the efficient administration and management of the numerous critical databases that underpin the service the Force delivers.
The successful candidate will effectively lead a DBA team and a Data Management team to strategically design and deliver a performant and future-focused Data and Information service that will support the Force’s extensive programme of change as well as enhancing current services.
You will support the Force with the provision of resilient data modelling and warehousing solutions that will appropriately underpin the Force’s successful use of information to deliver an outstanding Policing service and you will oversee the Extract, Transform and Load process of data integration across systems and solutions whilst leading an efficient Database Administration service for the Force.
Your team will play an equally important role in delivering effective data and information solutions so team management plays a critical part of this role. Motivational team leadership skills and line management experience are, therefore, essential.
What will I be doing?
You will deliver policy and procedure to drive improvement in data integrity and quality of the Force’s data assets.
You will offer consultancy and advice to Force stakeholders and ICT teams alike in the effective management of data.
You will also work with end users, Technology Partners and Enterprise Architects alike to fully understand the challenges faced by the business and appreciate Force data requirements with a view to crafting innovative and effective data solutions to meet those challenges.
You will support your team through a significant period of change and transformation within the organisation to ensure they remain motivated, nurtured and appropriately skilled in line with an ever evolving portfolio of technology.
What do I need?
• Data Management experience, including data protection knowledge
• a balanced mix of technical and business skills
• Team & Line Management experience
• Excellent communication skills with the capability of bridging the gap between technical and business language to ensure shared understanding and clear strategic direction for data management within Northumbria Police;
• Experience of implementing governance, standard, policy and procedure to manage quality and integrity of data structures, processing and provision;
• Leadership and strategic management skills
• Strong stakeholder management skills, including third party suppliers and providers;
• Good organisational and planning skills, including capacity and resource planning experience
For further information please see the role profile Attach current role definition
• Flexi time! Allowing you to fit your working hours around your individual needs
• 24 days’ leave, excluding bank holidays, increasing to 29 days for 5 years+ service
• We offer a market leading public sector pension scheme and discounts on shopping and eating out thanks to the Blue Light Card.
• We support our people inside and out of work with wellbeing at the heart of all we do. To take care of your physical and mental well-being, we’ve invested in extensive paid sick leave, trained mental health first aiders on-site, an employee advice service and access to gyms in some stations.
Vetting level: Management Vetting (MV)
Applicants must be a resident of the UK for a minimum period of 5 years to ensure vetting checks can be successfully performed. A job offer will be dependent upon vetting clearance, medical information and references.
Northumbria Police are currently undertaking a role and reward project in respect of all police staff posts. All staff including those appointed on fixed term contracts must successfully complete their probationary period before they are eligible to apply for a Northumbria Police vacancy.
If you have any queries with regard to the application process please contact the Talent Acquisition Team by email at email@example.com
All staff including those appointed on fixed term contracts must successfully complete their probationary period before they are eligible to apply for a Northumbria Police vacancy.
Vacancy Contact: To discuss the position in more detail please contact Toni Clarance, Solutions Delivery Manager, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northumbria Police fully supports a policy of equal opportunities and we welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. Appointments are based on merit alone