Customer Service Front Office Forth Banks - JRN30043
Customer Service Front Office – JRN30043
Salary: £26,280 – £27,351 (plus shift enhancements)
Location: Forth Banks
Hours/Contract: 37hours/permanent Working a shift pattern available here this will include weekends and bank holidays. The pattern is currently under review and maybe subject to change.
Working for #TeamNP
Our purpose at Team NP is simple: to keep people safe and to fight crime. But it takes more than officers alone to do the job – and that’s where our 2,000-strong team of police staff and 200 volunteers come in. As one of the largest police forces in England we have a huge variety of departments and specialisms offering you endless opportunities. From mentoring and coaching schemes and online soft skills courses to leadership development programmes; we’ll give you the support, training, and time to carve out the career you always wanted. As one of the top 50 UK inclusive employers and a disability confident employer, we promote a culture of respect in the workplace so everyone can feel seen, heard, and valued. Whether you’re a member of staff or a volunteer, you can also expect first-rate support to manage your health and wellbeing. With year-round events, a 24/7 welfare support hotline and a leading approach to neurodiversity, our initiatives enable you to be at your best. Above all else, here at Team NP, we can offer you a career that is so much more than just a job, it’s a chance to be part of something that really matters. Learn about our full benefits package.
Here at Northumbria Police, we think our region is amazing! It takes a great deal of people from different backgrounds, with diverse skills and experience to serve our force area effectively, think you have what it takes to help us make a difference? This could be the perfect time for you to join us in our Communications Department as a member of our Customer Service Front Office Team. This is a customer service role with a difference. Using your experience, training, and judgement you will provide a high quality of service, ensuring the needs of customers are at the heart of what we do and support colleagues in delivering an outstanding police service. You’ll need to be confident, and great at talking to people. This is a role where you’ll need to use your communication and relationship building skills efficiently and effectively. We can guarantee that no two days will be the same and you’ll find personal development from helping a variety of people. This is a fantastic opportunity to see the inner workings of a busy police force – working with various departments and delivering exceptional service. You will be flexible and adaptable as this role is shift based and will include weekend and bank holiday work you may be asked to cover Front Office duties at other stations at short notice.
What you’ll do
- Engage with members of public through a variety of different means, whether it be face to face at the station front desk, via non emergency calls or digitally, to help resolve issues and report incidents.
- Navigate our internal systems to ensure correct reporting of such events/ incidents.• General administrative duties and management of deliveries, including post & stationary.• Work within our agreed timescales to ensure and effective service.
- Support other areas of the Force where appropriate.
Sound interesting? For further information please view the Job Description.
What you’ll bring
- Experience of an organised approach in line with concise documents and note taking.
- Ability to record information in a timely manner.
- Ability to use judgement, initiative and creativity, to resolve situations and provide positive solutions.
- The ability to communicate clearly, concisely and timely at all levels.• Evidence of excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a professional and proactive approach to customer service.
- A good understanding of managing customers’ expectations.
We know it’s important for you to feel that you’re not only part of a great team, but part of a community. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation. Harnessing these differences creates a productive environment in which everyone feels valued, and their talents are fully utilised. Appointments are based on merit alone. Interested to learn more? For further information about the role please contact Gary.Richardson@northumbria.police.uk.
What we offer
- 26 days’ leave (increasing to 30 days for 5 years+ service) plus 8 bank holidays
- Enhanced maternity, shared parental and adoption leave
- Fantastic market-leading public sector pension scheme with up to 16% employer contribution
- Corporate travel schemes – local rail, bus services and metro discounts
- Access to private healthcare and eye test vouchers
- Discounts on shopping and eating out thanks to the Blue Light Card and Blue Light Tickets
- We’ve invested in extensive paid sick leave, trained mental health first aiders on-site, an employee advice service for the times you need that additional support.
- Access to gyms in some stations
- Sports & Social Club – join our thriving sports scene at Team NP and enjoy further exclusive discounts on days out and travel
- Cycle to work scheme
Just so you know
Our application form will help us understand how your work, education and life experience has prepared you for the role in our Customer Service Front Office Team with #TeamNP. To help support your application research what makes us tick here at Northumbria, the role you’re applying for and the values and behaviours that contribute. The recruitment process will consist of the initial application form followed by a face-to-face interview. Just so you know, you can save your application and come back to it any time prior to the closing date on the advert. We are proud members of the Business Disability Forum, with whom we collaborate with to improve the lives of disabled employees. We are also a Disability Confident Leader, therefore if you demonstrate that you meet the minimum criteria for this role as stated in the advert, we will progress your application and offer you an interview. You can get in touch with us via email@example.com for any support regarding the application process. Please provide us with plenty of notice so we can ensure your visit goes smoothly. If your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a Recruitment Vetting (RV) form, therefore you must be a resident of the UK for a minimum period of 3 years to ensure vetting checks can be successfully performed. A job offer will be dependent upon vetting clearance, medical information, and references.Terms of appointmentThis is a permanent role subject to a six-month probationary period, you will have a 6month probation period with us where you will be unable to apply for any other post advertised internally or externally. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.