Content Producer – JRN 30075
Salary: Band 7, £30,117-£32,722
Location: Agile, Middle Engine Lane and homeworking (approximately 1 day in office per week)
Hours/Contract: 37 hrs FTC/Secondment Opportunity Until November 2024 (Covering Maternity Leave)
Working for #TeamNP
Our purpose at Team NP is simple: to keep people safe and to fight crime. But it takes more than officers alone to do the job – and that’s where our 2,000-strong team of police staff and 200 volunteers come in. As one of the largest police forces in England we have a huge variety of departments and specialisms offering you endless opportunities. From mentoring and coaching schemes and online soft skills courses to leadership development programmes; we’ll give you the support, training and time to carve out the career you always wanted. As one of the top 50 UK inclusive employers and a disability confident employer, we promote a culture of respect in the workplace so everyone can feel seen, heard and valued. Whether you’re a member of staff or a volunteer, you can also expect first-rate support to manage your health and wellbeing. With year-round events, a 24/7 welfare support hotline and a leading approach to neurodiversity, our initiatives enable you to be at your best. Above all else, here at Team NP, we can offer you a career that is so much more than just a job, it’s a chance to be part of something that really matters. Learn about our full benefits package.
This is an exciting opportunity to help revolutionise our staff experience here at Northumbria Police. We are passionate about the way we inform, engage and enable our workforce and are looking for a talented individual to join us as a Content Producer. An essential part of achieving this engagement is via our intranet and the quality content it hosts, and that is where you come in! You’ll be joining an established and award-winning team of communications professionals, renowned within the organisation for their team ethos and emphasis on wellbeing. We are a high performing team but take a flexible working approach, whereby you can work from home or any station across the force, with a requirement to join an in-office team meeting approximately one day per week.
What you’ll do
- You will work with colleagues across the organisation to create, review and publish a high standard of engaging, quality written content on the Force intranet.
- Carry out document management on Sharepoint.
- Assist colleagues to achieve their communication objectives by recommending the best solution using our intranet’s functionality.
- Ensure that the content on the intranet is relevant and up to date – you will work proactively in making changes to ensure it stays this way.
This is a great chance to join Northumbria Police and be part of work that matters. Sound interesting? For further information, and to support your application, please view the job description
What you’ll bring
- Experience of content production, ideally writing internal communications
- Ability to provide accurate and grammatically correct content
- Ability to translate technical information into engaging content
- Previous experience using and administering content management systems
- Ability to deliver within set timescales to develop project-based work
- To be able to build relationships with key stakeholders and have good communication skills to influence and challenge how content will be designed
- To be able to adapt tone of communications depending on the audience and the subject
- To have the capability to travel to different locations across the Force area. A full UK driving licence is desirable.
- Experience of using or an understanding of Microsoft Sharepoint.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a busy digital environment, including managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
If you have any examples of previous work you wish to add to support your application, please submit these along with your CV, omitting any personal details. We know it’s important for you to feel that you’re not only part of a great team, but part of a community. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation. Harnessing these differences creates a productive environment in which everyone feels valued, and their talents are fully utilised. Appointments are based on merit alone. Interested to learn more? For further information about the role please contact Jemma Woolley 4201 by email at Jemma.Woolley@northumbria.police.uk.
What we offer
- 26 days’ leave (increasing to 30 days for 5 years+ service) plus 8 bank holidays
- Enhanced maternity, shared parental and adoption leave
- Flexi time – allowing you to fit your working hours around your individual needs
- Flexible working (we are happy to discuss options such as compressed hours)Agile working – option to work from home, your team zone, and spaces across the force
- Fantastic market-leading public sector pension scheme with up to 16% employer contribution
- Corporate travel schemes – local rail, bus services and metro discounts
- Access to private healthcare and eye test vouchers
- Discounts on shopping and eating out thanks to the Blue Light Card and Blue Light Tickets
- We’ve invested in extensive paid sick leave, trained mental health first aiders on-site, an employee advice service for the times you need that additional support.
- Access to gyms in some stations Sports & Social Club – join our thriving sports scene at Team NP and enjoy further exclusive discounts on days out and travel
- Cycle to work scheme
Just so you know
Our application form will help us understand how your work, education and life experience has prepared you for the role of a Content Designer with #TeamNP. To help support your application research what makes us tick here at Northumbria, the role you’re applying for and the values and behaviours that contribute. The recruitment process will consist of the initial application form followed by a face to face interview and a work based task. Just so you know, you can save your application and come back to it any time prior to the closing date on the advert. We are proud members of the Business Disability Forum, with whom we collaborate with to improve the lives of disabled employees. We are also a Disability Confident Employer, therefore if you demonstrate that you meet the minimum criteria for this role as stated in the advert, we will progress your application and offer you an interview. If you tell us that you have a disability, we can make adjustments to support you through the recruitment process (for example we can arrange extra time for tests or provide a sign language interpreter) You can get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org for any support regarding the application process. Please provide us with plenty of notice so we can ensure your visit goes smoothly. If your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a Recruitment Vetting (RV) form, therefore you must be a resident of the UK for a minimum period of 3 years to ensure vetting checks can be successfully performed. A job offer will be dependent upon vetting clearance, medical information, and references. Terms of appointment This is a fixed term role subject to a six-month probationary period. Internal candidates should have the approval of their line manager to apply for this opportunity. If you are successful in your application, you will have a 6month probation period with us where you will be unable to apply for any other post advertised internally or externally. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early