Business System Analyst - JRN 20807
Salary £42,582 – £46,437 per annum (Increasing to £42,942 – £46,830 from September 2023 following a transitional pay award period)
Location: Hybrid – Forth Banks Police Station and working from home
Ever wondered what it’s like working behind the scenes for one of the UK’s largest Police Forces?
Would you like to play a key role in serving your community through the development of exciting new technology?
Are you an enthusiastic and experienced Business Systems Analyst with innovative ideas around how technology can positively transform services and effectively address business challenge?
If the answer is yes, then Northumbria Police are looking for a talented Business Systems Analyst to fully understand our business needs as well as the digital portfolio that will support them.
Here at Northumbria Police, we think our region is amazing! It’s in our DNA to be passionate about what we do. Our overall purpose is to keep people safe and fight crime.
Playing a key role in maintaining and improving the quality of policing services is technology.
Information and communication systems are deployed and in use across the Force to help ensure that accurate and reliable information is made available to those who need it, when they need it and where they need it.
What will I be doing?
· Working with End Users across the Force to fully understand the challenges they are facing, documenting detailed user requirements and quality criteria.
· Performing system & data analysis and design to support the definition of technical change
· Applying appropriate methodologies, including agile delivery, in line with demanding time constraints to deliver a high-quality standard of work.
· Performing system and regression testing of developed solutions.
· Undertaking post implementation reviews to ensure end users receive a quality service.
What do I need?
· A degree, HND or equivalent qualification, and/or have significant relevant experience
· Background in Digital and Technology
· Extensive experience in system analysis and data analysis experience is required.
· Experience in system testing and supporting the End Users with their User Acceptance Testing
· Ability to bridge the gap between technical and business language to create pragmatic and appropriate solution.
· Excellent teamwork and communication skills as you will be expected to work within a team consisting of end users, development resource and external /contract staff.
For further information please see the role profile here
- 26 days’ leave, excluding bank holidays, increasing to 30 days for 5 years+ service
- Enhanced Maternity, Shared Parental and Adoption leave
- Flexi Time Scheme – allowing you to fit your working hours around your individual needs
- Agile working – option to work from home, your team zone, and spaces across the force
- Fantastic market leading public sector pension scheme
- Corporate Travel schemes – local rail, bus services and metro
- Access to Private Healthcare and Eye Test Vouchers
- Discounts on shopping and eating out thanks to the Blue Light Card and Blue Light Tickets
- Also, to take care of your physical and mental well-being, we’ve invested in extensive paid sick leave, trained mental health first aiders on-site, an employee advice service and access to gyms in some stations
- Sports & Social Club – join our thriving sports scene at Team NP and enjoy further exclusive discounts on days out and travel
- Cycle to work scheme
Terms and Conditions
Vetting Level – Recruitment Vetting (RV)
Applicants must be a resident of the UK for a minimum period of 3 years to ensure vetting checks can be successfully performed. A job offer will be dependent upon vetting clearance, medical information, and references.
Please note this is a newly published pay banding subject to consultation at Northumbria Police.
If you have any queries with regard to the application process please contact the Talent Acquisition Team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are successful in your application, you will have a 6-month probation period with us where you will be unable to apply for any other post advertised internally or externally
Please note the recruitment process will include both an exercise and interview.
Further details of this opportunity are available from Toni Clarance, Solutions Delivery Manager on email@example.com
Northumbria Police fully supports a policy of equal opportunities and we welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. Appointments are based on merit alone.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.