Business Services Cleaner - Southwick (3.5 hours) JRN 17609
Area Command / Department
Cleaner Southwick Custody
The salary for this role is £22,740 PRO Rata / £11.79 per hour + Weekend enhancement payments
This role will be based at Southwick Custody Suite – 3.5 hours per week. Sunday 6am-9.30am.
A career at Northumbria Police is like no other. We are passionate about where we live and what we do, we deliver exceptional support to our communities and we work together to make our local area a safer place for us all. Every single person at Northumbria Police is valued for their amazing contribution – and we are all part of something truly special.
Our Business Support team keep things running smoothly for all of us here at Northumbria Police. They are a large team covering various services, including maintenance, health and safety, and supporting Front Line Policing. We’ve got a great opportunity to join the Business Support team as a Cleaner, where you’ll play an integral part in keeping our stations clean, safe, and functional.
Unlike your typical cleaning role, you’ll be working behind the scenes in some of our operational police stations, community hubs and operational custody suites. You’ll take pride in your work and be part of a fantastic team who work hard to achieve great results for our Police staff and officers. It’s a busy role – with a great sense of achievement at the end of each shift.
What will I be doing?
• Using specialist equipment and chemicals to clean washrooms and kitchens
• Vacuuming and mopping floors
• Use of floor machines will be required such as floor scrubber/dryers.
• Emptying bins and other general office cleaning duties
• Maintaining up to date knowledge of health and safety legislation and complying with cleaning safety standards
• Cleaning to be completed within the custody suite, which includes, cells and medical rooms.
• This is a physical role which also requires working at height
• This is a really important role in our Police Force, so we are looking for someone who takes pride in what they do. You don’t need to have been a cleaner before – you just need a willingness to learn, the ability to work alone and as part of a team. It’s also essential that you have a reasonable level of fitness and that you are punctual and reliable.
This is a really important role in our Police Force, so we are looking for someone who takes pride in what they do. You don’t need to have been a cleaner before – you just need a willingness to learn, the ability to work alone and as part of a team. It’s also essential that you have a reasonable level of fitness and that you are punctual and reliable.
What are the benefits?
• 26 days’ leave (increasing to 30 days for 5 years+ service) plus 8 bank holidays Pro Rata
• Enhanced Maternity, Shared Parental and Adoption leave
• Fantastic market leading public sector pension scheme
• Corporate Travel schemes – local rail, bus services and metro
• Access to Private Healthcare and Eye Test Vouchers
• Discounts on shopping and eating out thanks to the Blue Light Card and Blue Light Tickets
• To take care of your physical and mental well-being, we’ve invested in extensive paid sick leave, trained mental health first aiders on-site, an employee advice service and access to gyms in some stations
• Sports & Social Club – join our thriving sports scene at Team NP and enjoy further exclusive discounts on days out and travel
• Cycle to work scheme
We offer a competitive hourly rate and you will be provided with a police staff uniform.
Before you start:
You will be asked to complete our standard recruitment online vetting forms, you must be a resident of the UK for a minimum period of 3 years to ensure vetting checks can be successfully performed.
A job offer will be dependent upon vetting clearance, medical information and references.
Northumbria Police are currently undertaking a role and reward project in respect of all police staff posts. For further information please contact the Talent Acquisition team.
If you have any queries with regard to the application process please contact the Talent Acquisition Team by email at email@example.com
All staff including those appointed on fixed term contracts must successfully complete their probationary period before they are eligible to apply for a Northumbria Police vacancy.
To discuss the position in more detail contact Dan Baxter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Northumbria Police fully supports a policy of equal opportunities and we welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. Appointments are based on merit alone