Business Services Administrator
A number of permanent opportunities have arisen for Business Services Administrators, the following hours and work place locations are available:
• 1 x 18.5 Alnwick Police Station
• 1 x 37 hour contract at North Road, Ponteland
• 1 x 37 hour contract at Gateshead Police Station
• 1 x 37 hour contract at Forth Banks Police Station
Business Services Administrators are responsible for providing a range of administrative and clerical support service to effectively support the operational work and business planning of the business services department and allocated area command/department.
In return for your dedication and experience, we offer 23 days’ leave, excluding bank holidays, increasing to 28 days for 5 years+ service. We support our people inside and out of work – offering a very competitive pension scheme, childcare vouchers, and discounts on shopping and eating out thanks to the Blue Light Card. And to take care of your physical and mental well-being, trained mental health first aiders on-site, an employee advice service and access to gyms in some stations.
What do I need?
This role is varied and demanding so we require someone who can respond quickly to internal and external enquiries. You’ll be able to communicate effectively at all levels, be confident when working alone and as part of a team, be competent in dealing with computerised systems and flexible in relation to work locations.
What essential skills do I need?
• Excellent administration skills and an ability to remain calm when under pressure
• Exceptional planning and organisation skills – you’ll need to evidence that you can deliver a high quality service to internal and external customers, as well as prioritising workload appropriately
• The ability to problem solve and use initiative to make effective decisions independently
• You must demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to communicate at all levels
• Experience of databases, spread-sheets and working within a strong team working culture.
For further information please see the role profile: Business Services Administrator.docx
Vetting level – Recruitment Vetting (RV)
Applicants must be a resident of the UK for a minimum period of 3 years to ensure vetting checks can be successfully performed. A job offer will be dependent upon vetting clearance, medical information and references.
If you have any queries with regard to the application process please contact the Talent Acquisition Team by email at email@example.com
All staff including those appointed on fixed term contracts must successfully complete their probationary period before they are eligible to apply for a Northumbria Police vacancy.
To discuss the positions in more detail please contact:
Karen McLaren: firstname.lastname@example.org (Ponteland/Alnwick positions)
Jo Mayland: email@example.com (Forth Banks/Gateshead positions)
Northumbria Police fully supports a policy of equal opportunities and we welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. Appointments are based on merit alone