Location: Base Location as required within the Force area including Home Working
Northumbria Police is entering an exciting new era of change in which the bedrock services of Information, Communication and Technology will be strengthened and extended to include a much more granular and tailored digital approach to supporting Policing across Northumbria.
We have an exciting Permanent opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst to join our ICT department as we embark on the largest transformation programme in our history. The Business Analyst will report directly into the Business Engagement Manager and will be pivotal in ensuring that the required new Force capabilities and requirements are captured, understood and appropriate business cases are developed to maximum the potential and value of any change
As a Business Analyst for Northumbria Police, you will:
• be responsible for understanding, analysing and interpreting new business requirements and for probing existing solution to ensure they remain fit for purpose, current and still provide maximum value to the Force.
• seek out opportunities to continuous drive improvement and will be expected to challenge current thinking and to influence decisions and outcomes.
• work collaboratively within the engagement team to provide support to the Technology Partners in delivering sustainable force improvement and to take ownership and lead the business analysis phase of technology projects. This will entail gathering and documenting business processes and requirements, identifying business benefits and producing and owning Project Initiation Document using tools and techniques to aid in development business efficiencies.
• have great communication skills and to be able to present these requirements and business cases to both senior force decision makers and to articulate the requirements in enough detail to the technical teams including the Programme Management Office, Solution Architects, Developers and Business System Analysts.
This varied and rewarding role will offer significant opportunity for you to have a major impact on the force in an organisation which understands the value of its people. You will have the opportunity to work on a mix of technical and business change projects and to make a direct positive contribution to your community
In return for your dedication and experience, we offer 23 days’ leave, excluding bank holidays, increasing to 28 days for 5 years+ service. We support our people inside and out of work – offering a very competitive pension scheme, childcare vouchers, and discounts on shopping and eating out thanks to the Blue Light Card. And to take care of your physical and mental well-being, we’ve invested in trained mental health first aiders on-site, an employee advice service and access to gyms in some stations.
We also offer flexible working both from an agile approach to work location through to flexing how you want to work your contracted hours to accommodate both successful service delivery and a healthy, balanced home life.
What will I be doing?
The successful candidate will be:
• Strong customer focus and awareness, committed to quality
• Able to work efficiently, accuracy whilst achieving agreed deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication at all levels: must be clear and persuasive
• Ability to break down complexity and make things simple
• Self-Starter with an ability to work on own initiative
• Determination to reach an end goal and work through challenges
• Dynamic and achievement orientated
• Flexibility of approach
• Team player – collaborative
• Open & approachable
• Professional & proactive
And be able to demonstrate the following:
• Educated to degree level (or equivalent relevant experience
• Proven Business Analysis experience
• Proven experience of customer journey mapping and user experience research
• Previous experience in Business Requirements and Business Case Development
• User Stories development and User Acceptance testing experience
• Experience in Business Model Design, process mapping, Finance and Cost Benefit Analysis.
Vetting level: Recruitment Vetting (RV)
Applicants must be a resident of the UK for a minimum period of 3 years to ensure vetting checks can be successfully performed. A job offer will be dependent upon vetting clearance, medical information and references.
If you have any queries with regard to the application process please contact the Talent Acquisition Team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Northumbria Police are currently undertaking a role and reward project in respect of all police staff posts. For further information please contact the Talent Acquisition team.
All staff including those appointed on fixed term contracts must successfully complete their probationary period before they are eligible to apply for a Northumbria Police vacancy.
To discuss the position in more detail please contact Kirsty Wilson, Business
Engagement Manager by email at Kirsty.email@example.com.
Northumbria Police fully supports a policy of equal opportunities and we welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. Appointments are based on merit alone