Technology at Team NP is changing.
As the 6th largest police force in the country, Northumbria is transforming its ICT services so that we can lead the way in data-driven policing. Over the next 12-18 months we’ll be building on our solid Information, Communication and Technology foundations and will expand our services using technology to change the lives of those we serve.
Our vision is to develop impactful technology and build a Digital Policing culture that unleashes potential, is driven by customer needs, is diverse and truly inclusive and promotes employee flexibility, personal growth and professional development throughout the function.
Learn more about the technology evolution
We are investing in:
- People – Injecting new diverse skills, knowledge, experience and thinking about how problems can be resolved, processes can be adapted and how innovative solutions can be introduced into policing from other organisations.
- Core Policing Applications – Rationalising, consolidating, standardising and aligning the required business functionality to the future application portfolio.
- Data and Information – Gaining greater value from data and information with a clear focus on data accuracy, stewardship, accountability, auditability and secure access, where and when it is needed.
- Technology and End User Devices –Working closely with the functional areas of police to provide them with more granular choice on the technology and tools that are right for them.
- Engagement – Building lasting relationships and closer engagement with Police Officers to understand what IT products, service and service levels work for them, and what does not.
- Programme and Project Management – Delivering business change in a way that is managed, prioritized and monitored, improving requirements capture, better resource and time planning, overseen by effective governance ensuring greater on time delivery and greater value creation.
- Architected to ensure medium to long term planning, innovative thinking and to deliver joined up IT solutions, suppliers and technology.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed people to enhance our already strong team. We are looking for dynamic individuals with a strong sense of personal responsibility whose personal values and service delivery are maintained at the highest levels. Equally as important, we are looking for professionals who will bring personality as well as professional experience to the various roles on offer.
We are highly focussed on wellbeing. Anyone coming to work in Northumbria must clearly align to this principle. We police an extremely diverse region, comprising heavily populated conurbations, vibrant city-centres and far reaching, sparsely-populated rural areas. As such, technology is at the centre of our ability to meet the demands and challenges we all face.
If you have a genuine desire to be part of what our transformation towards digital policing and share our vision for a data-based policing service, then we want to hear from you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are the roles permanent?
Yes! All of the roles advertised in this campaign are permanent positions.
What about flexible working?
Work life balance is hugely important to us. Our general working hours are 37 hours per week though flexible and/or part time working arrangements are available. Successful candidates are invited to discuss details prior to appointment.
We want to give you the opportunity to perform your role from the office as well as from home. Whilst staff are expected to travel to various force locations to meet operational need, we are focused on providing an environment that suits modern working and enables our people to satisfy modern life demands.
What benefits can I enjoy?
Becoming part of TeamNP you’ll receive up to 28 days of annual leave (subject to negotiation), plus 8 bank holidays. You’re entitled to joining one of the most generous pension schemes and will have access to our health and well-being support networks. Other perks include shopping discount schemes and membership to our sports an social club.
The force also provides a whole range of initiatives to support your welfare including occupational health support, development and mentoring scheme, childcare scheme, health and wellbeing framework and membership of staff associations to support and represent your needs.